Whenever I see Big Ex, I get reminded about what is important in life and of the cost and rewards of self-sacrifice. He simply exudes it. If only the effect were long-lived. It is all upon me, afterall.
Lessons from H&M –
* To layover on a weekday. 20 minutes each time for the changing room line?!
* I hate spring/summer clothing. It is often too flimsy.
* H&M lingerie is a fabulous fit – especially when 50% off! (Hence bras were 8.45 and panties were 4.95!!) So of course I got two!
* I can shrink my waist to XS but not the ribcage. I had to forgo the most beautiful shirt.* =(
* U.S. sizing that is not vanity-sizing-adjusted is so deflating. I’m a size 6 or 8….!
Other Randomness in Transit –
* At 6 a.m., YYZ (Toronto airport) shops are open for business. Nice.
* The trend is to pick up Star*bucks at YVR (Vancouver airport) and Tim Horton’s at YYZ. Tim’s tea and a bagel with cream cheese is cheaper than a latte – funny that!
* Airports rock at dusk when it is still light enough to see everything but dark enough to turn the lights on.
* Getting caught up on your movies as a result of long flights – The New World while eastbound;
Casanova King Kong on the way back.
* A surreal sight: At Spring Rolls, a thin Chinese-looking man asks a seven-foot plus Indian man “Monday is sing kay yut?” The Indian man answers, “Sing kay yut. Sup mm ho.” I’m guessing the Chinese-looking guy is actually Thai. Usually people pick up Mandarin, not Cantonese – rock on.
* Thanks to S.’s new abode, we trekked into Toronto’s colourful eastside not once but four times.
* In my row of three on the flight, we all watched the in-flight movie and unanimously gave it a bad rating when the credits rolled. They were the friendliest seatmates ever. And they hale from Ontario. The guy to my left goes to Shanghai eight times a year while the girl to my right did an Asia tour last year. The Chinese girl wedged in the middle? 17-year dry spell…. =(
* Taupe-coloured three-quarter length sleeves with embroidered ribbing. A flap folds over creating a deep V-neck and secures by button at the left. Retailing 39.90 and was only available in size 4 (XS) or 10 (M).
On this day..
- Impromptu Whistler weekend and new thoughts on Mother's Day - 2017
- Weekend Island getaway to Victoria and Sooke: Dining & beer recap - 2016
- Food finds on my Toronto and Halifax Adventure 2016 - 2016
- From Clover Leaf: Tuna fettuccini Alfredo - 2010
- The pinnacle of narcissism: My Marathon Scrapbook - 2010