Image from Strohmeyer.org
My two-year contract on my current phone is winding down and I’m looking forward to getting a new phone.
This time around I’m trying to be more informed instead of picking the phone that happens to cost less than my pocket change at the time. This time, I’m willing to spend up to $200 (post ~$100 rebate) since I’ll sign a 2- or 3-year contract. This time, I will shop around between Bell (with whom I have done business for ten years now), Rogers, and Fido for the best plan although I already know anywhere but Bell has the best phones….
Here is the wishlist so far –
* No need for a camera.
* That when you use the phone while plugged in, the battery will never die.
* Speakerphone (for those long conversations with mum who shouts across the country)
* Already a host of ring-tones (since I don’t download or create-my-own).
* Probably a flip phone (was happiest ever with my Audiovox).
* Plenty of courtesy options (like how my Nokia could “beep” for an incoming call).
* Bluetooth-enabled… I might even want one of those obnoxious wireless earpieces….
* PDA is sweet, but not if I have to buy a Data Plan.
* Getting Aeroplan points is nice but not necessary.