On penmanship

I think that in this age of digitize everything, I’m more rueful than the next person about putting down my pen and notebook and writing everything up electronically.

When I was younger, I was fascinated by the insight you can gain on a person from their handwriting, a study known as graphology. I still find wonder in discovering what someone’s handwriting looks like and mentally seek some correlation with their personality.

So I am delighted to share with you a meme I found on winnie/aiyah’s flickr with the following instructions:
(1) Write your real name and/or username.
(2) Are you left- or right-handed?
(3) Which are your favourite letters to write?
(4) Which are your least favourite letters to write?
(5) Write “the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.”
(6) Tag 5 or so people.

In case you can’t make it out (and because memes are disguised link love opportunities), I have tagged the following to give this meme a whirl:
* Michelle / GrownUp*Girlie
* Anna May Won’t
* Shannan / My Life
* Alfred / Desperate for Change
* Su-Lin / Tamarind and Thyme

Even if I haven’t tagged you, you can play along and let me know you have in the comments! :)

On this day..

6 Comments

1. Ryan says:

If you like that meme, I think you’ll also like this website that lets you easily create a font from your own handwriting.

2. teahouse says:

Hey, you have totally adorable handwriting!

3. Anna May Won't says:

fun! i’ll get on it soon.

4. wyn says:

Ryan: I made my own font already! And I will blog about it! I’ve uploaded my template to Flickr but don’t have a font sample (for the weblog) made up yet for a blog post….

THB: Thanks! Tho’ sometimes I feel it looks psychotic!

AMW: Looking forward to it! :)

5. Alfred says:

I write really different if I know someone else is going to read what I am writing. And oh – I have an aunt that does handwriting fraud analysis (but not graphology).

6. wyn says:

Alfred: I felt like I wrote differently, too, because I knew there would be an audience. I even tried to relax and write with a pencil, with which I am more comfortable and objectively looked at the results – it was the same.

Your aunt who specializes in handwriting fraud analysis would be able to tell you that there are characteristics to a person’s writing that makes them identifiable over and over again and cannot be masked by nervousness, old age, sickness, what have you… so don’t be shy! :)

Comments are closed.