In the last few months, I got a zipper case from Muji appropriate for holding make-up or something, a J. Crew bucket hat as a hand-me-down from my little sister, and joe fresh rainboots as a Christmas present from my sister. Then, finally, I have found the one item that most closely ressembles the clothing that sparked it all–a fashionable wool skirt that ressembles the kilt I wore for 7 years of Catholic school (actually with a blue shirt, like pictured; although the kids now wear a white shirt and tie).
Outblush blogged about the Land’s End Canvas wool plaid skirt a while ago and it took me that long to get to a Sears with a Land’s End shop and determine that only the dullest pieces were in store and to check if there were any specials online given it is just after Christmas. It was brilliant how the skirt was marked down from $49 to $20 and shipping was just $6 since my subtotal was not high. Lil’ Sis orders stuff from J. Crew and Victoria’s Secret all of the time but I’m more of an in-store person and I’m excited to receive my package!
Here’s a recap of my blackwatch plaid (BWP) collection–you know I’m going to be that crazy lady parading around in the blackwatch maxi jumper when I’m a senior citizen….
BWP I own
* shawl from Tie Rack
* flannel sheet set
* duvet and sham set by Alfred Sung
* one-shoulder top made by sister
* capelet made by sister
* peacoat from American Eagle that is not quite blackwatch plaid
* puffy fur-lined hooded jacket from American Eagle purchased a year later and really is BWP
* makeup case from Muji
* bucket hat from J. Crew
* rainboots from joe fresh
BWP I used to own
* scarf – always available at Tie Rack or scarf stores
* house slippers from Macy’s, retired when they deteriorated from use
Still on my BWP wishlist
* stick umbrella with wooden handle
* hairband, I suppose I could try to make this
* bra/underwear with some heather gray accents?
* nylons, opaque and with some sheen?
* ballet flats, saw a pair at American Eagle but the toe box was too shallow
* iPhone holder
* wallet with dark leather accents
* a watch
* short-sleeved slim Oxford shirt, like the one I missed from American Eagle
* bag or tote or duffel with brown accents, Dooney & Burke had one a couple years ago but the quality of the BWP fabric seemed poor