The TDot Experiment*: Day One-Ten

< NextPrevious >

I had a bad Case of the Mondays yesterday which was mildly alleviated by scrunching an “uncreasable” new polymer C-note and Lil Sis pulled out a bottle of Smile! Wine from the fridge in a spontaneous sweeping gesture. I had so little sleep going into the day but too much was going on that I got through somehow anyhow…!

  • I tried to go the Christmas online-shopping route and after carefully mulling over a large order from The Bay and sent it off Sunday night with 12 hours to spare before the shipping cut-off time. When I woke up, I learned my order had been cancelled! No explanation, nothing! At 8 a.m. when the support line opened, I was on the train and called. One of three items was not available despite what the website said. Then as she continued to process the amended order, another item was also not available! At least the one item that is available was the “star” of the multi-part gift. :S
  • My Presto card hit a negative balance, which is quite nice of them to let me carry, I guess. But it was most aggravating that when I loaded $50 on my card over their website, it did not clear my negative balance and my card was still blocked from use. When I called the “support” line, they can never help me remotely and always direct me to go to a station of one of the participating transit systems (who, I have noticed, aren’t so thrilled to administer the card on top of their regular duties). I couldn’t believe that I had to clear up the negative balance (-$0.35) with a payment in person!
  • A Leg-Shaker sitting near me was inconsiderate enough but he kicked it up a notch with stamping his leg to the beat of his music. I was just beside myself in frustration.
  • Insurance quotes websites sucked. One website kept telling me at the end of the questionnaire that something was wrong and to call an agent. I did and he quoted me a nice “low” price of twice as much as my sister pays in the same circumstances. Um, no. I went with one through which I can earn 82 Aeroplan miles a year but even after answering the questionnaire online and being provided a quote, I still had to endure the drawn-out phone call with with an agent eating up half my lunch hour and answering all the survey questions again. Oh well, that’s done now.
A few other things happened and I’m loathed to rant any longer. Looking back, it’s not all so bad. Just small challenges to everyday life which means getting each one done is a small victory. There were several small victories in there.

******** This is a blog series complementing my regular blog posts with the original idea was to share our parallel lives, NPY’s and mine, while I’m in Toronto and he’s in Vancouver, 3,400 km away. For me, it’s been pretty fun because I’m this long-time blogger and enjoy repackaging parts of my life in “blog bites”. It’s been more difficult for NPY who hasn’t experienced a change in scenery (although I do not think it is necessary) so I’ll be continuing this with just my photos. I might have something every day. I might not.

Next | Previous >

On this day..