After reading the 21+ Ways to Upgrade Your Grilled Cheese, I’m tempted to buy a loaf of bread and use it prepare the best-sounding (to me) ideas:
- Instead of butter on the outside, spread mayonnaise like Miracle Whip (or Kewpie that I have??) on the surface
- Grilled Caprese: sliced tomato, fresh mozzarella, basil, EVOO
- Grilled Chipeeze: potato chips in the sandwich (although I’ve strictly banned potato chips from my diet, they are allowed if it forms part of a meal)
- Grilled Brie with Nutella
- Grilled Kimcheeze
- Crisp Grilled Cheese: grill in a thin layer of Parmesan cheese so the outside is crispy like a cheese cracker
- Grilled cheese eggsplosion: prepare a grilled cheese sandwich first then use it to make egg in a hole!
These are not ingredients I normally keep around so it might take a while. Oh, but there will be photographs.
Now, because I am so inclined, here is a parade of photos from my Flickr stream of grilled cheese sandwiches from my past!