Here is the playlist I drew up a couple weeks out from the race. It is a slightly rearranged version of my 56.8-min playlist for the Yonge Street 10K but extended, of course, to bring total play time to 2:10:31. After which point the next song is a real downer and bad for running!
Start things off chill and slow….
- The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner – Iron Maiden this is one long track (6:32)
- Empire State of Mind – Jay-Z f. Alicia Keys these days I get annoyed I only made it as far as Toronto and not New York, but still get entranced by this tune
- Airplanes – B.o.B. f. Hayley Williams
Kick it “old school”, a quick trip down memory lane.
- Around the World – ATC
- Big Big World – Amelia
- Everything’s Gonna Be Alright – Sweetbox when she says everything’s going to be alright, I believe it
A mix that shows I draw music from everywhere.
- Rolling in the Deep – Adele will always remind me of dancing at B&K’s wedding last year
- Shera Di Kaum – Ludacris, Manjit Ral, Nav Semhi, Sarb Semhi & Nindy Kaur Asian pressure to succeed in a hip-hop song? Awesome.
- Mr. Brightside – The Killers TJ told me that this song was playing was playing when we started our first marathon
- Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
- Celebrate – Destra Garcia Soca in the mix!
- I Ran – Flock of Seagulls
- I Run for Life – Melissa Etheridge
- Pain – Three Days Grace
- Run this Town – Jay-Z f. Kanye West & Rihanna
- The Way I Are – Timbaland
- Forever – Chris Brown
- Tonight – Addictiv I find this song strangely intense
- Numb-Encore – Linkin Park & Jay-Z
Some people run and become a smokin’ hot babes. When I am dead-tired, dangling the image of a lithe body keeps me going.
- Sexy Bitch – David Guetta f. Akon
- Don’t Cha – Pussycat Dolls f. Busta Rhymes
- Stronger (Harder, Better, Faster) – Kanye West song name reminds me of the Olympic motto “Faster, Higher, Stronger”
- The Game – Alyssa Reid I was introduced to this song in a musical highlights segment for the Olympics showing male gymnasts falling flat before sticking their routines, so the memory sticks
Canadiana set. Notice how I put Avril Lavigne next to Nickelback, heehee.
- Live My Life – Far East Movement f. Justin Bieber my first JB song, haha!
- Skin – Alexz Johnson yes, from the Canadian show Instant Star
- Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen I heard they just love her in Asia
- Girlfriend [Mandarin version] – Avril Lavigne
- When We Stand Together – Nickelback I’m not a closet Nickelback fan, but I only like a few of their singles
Woman power songs, sorta.
- See You Again – Miley Cyrus
- Womanizer – Britney Spears
- Cinderella – Tata Young
- Rich Girl – Gwen Stefani f. Eve
- That’s Not My Name – The Ting Tings first heard this song when it was used in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in 2008, probably for that dreadful Pink line
Running shall keep me forever young.
- Young Forever – Jay-Z f. Mr. Hudson I like the original better but this one is more upbeat
On this day..
- Booked up - 2013
- NPY's PotD*: Day Twelve - 2011
- From WorldWideWatercooler.com: Meat-and-Grain Loaf - 2010
Comments are closed.