Note: this was a big hit at a birthday party gathering so I’m keeping this recipe.
Source: The Cozy Apron
Summer Macaroni Salad with Crispy Bacon and Peas in a Bright & Creamy Lemon-Thyme Dressing
(Serves about 6)
- 12 oz salad-size macaroni pasta, cooked according to package instructions and cooled
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 oz diced and crisped bacon
- Creamy, Lemon-Thyme Dressing (recipe below)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
Add the cooked and cooled macaroni to a large bowl, and add in the thawed peas and the diced, crisped bacon; if serving immediately, toss with the Creamy, Lemon-Thyme Dressing, and garnish with the thyme leaves; if making ahead, prepare all components and keep them separate, then toss the dressing with the pasta/peas/bacon when ready to serve, to keep the pasta salad moist and fresh; keep cold.
Creamy, Lemon-Thyme Dressing ingredients:
- ¾ cup mayo
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon zest
- 1tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1teaspoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Add all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor, and process the mixture until thick and completely creamy; store in the fridge until you’re ready to serve the salad, at which point you can toss the dressing with the pasta.